PS4 has different kinds of errors and the SU-30625-6 is one of the most common errors that you can get in this console. A lot of users have tried solving these issues but there have been quite a few fixes that actually work.
There are forums all around the world trying to pinpoint the reasons behind this error and try to provide the fix. We are doing the same today. But we will have a slightly different viewpoint in this error. So, without wasting our time, let us get into the article.
There have been a few fixes in Reddit forums for this error. A lot of people have claimed that the error is because of a failed update and resetting the database could very well fix it. Let us see if that is in any way true.
- How to fix PS4 Error Code SU-30625-6?
- Reasons for the SU-30625-6 Error code
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to fix PS4 Error Code SU-30625-6?
There are many ways you can fix this PS4 error code in your console. We have listed every fixes you can try out for a better gaming experience. We have listed down every solution with proper detail, let’s check it out.
Fix 1: Force the system to update
The PS4 has certain updates that can break down quite easily. There can also be unexpected interruptions while you are updating the system.
There is an easy fix though some of the users have been able to fix this problem by clearing the update from the download queue and just removing all the notifications. You can also try to do the same. Just follow the instructions given below to do this:
- When you are in the dashboard menu of your console, use your thumbstick and go to the horizontal bar on the top and then traverse to the notification bar.
- Once you are in the notification menu
- select the updates that are failing to install and then hit the triangle button to remove the notification.
- Now when the update notification is removed
- Go back to the dashboard and access the settings menu in the horizontal bar.
- Inside the settings menu
- Scroll down to the options and click the system software update menu.
- Follow all the prompts that are flashed on the screen
Fix 2: Safe mode Update
One of the most important things to try out whenever you see any error in a PS4 system is the safe mode update.
What happens is, the most recent system update is pending to be installed but this update is not being recognized by your PS4 system and so, the update will not take place.
If this is the problem with you too, then you need to update the system using safe mode. This is a very successful method and a lot of people can vouch for that!
Do remember that the safe mode update will take some time so, do not be in a hurry while you are doing it. Just follow the guide below and perform the safe mode update:
- The first thing you need to do is let your PS4 have a reliable internet connection
- If you are using Wi-fi then, make sure the router is near you
- Using a LAN cable is even better
- Let us start now, follow the previous fix, and delete the system update notifications from your PS4
- Just go to the dashboard> notification tab on the horizontal bar> select the update notification> and remove it
- The next step would be to press the power button until the fan stops turning
- This means that the console has gone into the hibernation mode
- Do not shut down your console though
- When you are in the hibernation mode
- Just hit the power button and hold it for 7 seconds till you hear two beeps
- On the second beep, leave the power button and the console will boot on safe mode
- Now pair your Dual shock controller by hitting the PS button and when you are done pairing
- Traverse to the system update option
- Now hit X on the update using the internet option and there you have it
- After the update installation is complete, just reboot the console and see if the problem is fixed or not
- If the problem is still there, follow the next fix
Fix 3: Manual Update Installation
The final fix for the SU-30625-6 error is to manually update the installation. Doing this is quite simple if you have tried installing windows or Linux on your computer with a USB flash drive. Yes, you are going to need a USB flash drive and a computer for this method.
The first thing that you need to do is download the firmware file on your PC. You can go to the official PS4 website and download the latest version of the firmware file.
When you are downloading the firmware file, insert the USB flash drive with at least 4 GB of space in your computer and follow the steps below:
- Right-click on the flash drive disk and choose the format option
- Select the Fat32 format option and then click okay to format the flash drive
- Before you format, set the name of the drive to PS4, the file system is FAT 32, and the allocation unit is the default.
- Now, check the perform quick format option and then format the drive
- Go inside the flash drive and create a folder named UPDATE (Use all capital letters)
- Copy the update file that you downloaded earlier and paste it inside the update folder
Take the flash drive out of the computer and now move on to the PS4. Follow the steps below:
- Turn off your PS4 with the flash drive still connected
- Now boot the PS4 on safe mode
- Hold the Power button for 7 seconds, leave it on the second beep, and there you have it, safe mode!
- Pair your controller and select the third option on the safe mode screen i.e. Update System software
- Go to the next menu
- Choose the update from the USB storage device option
- Wait for the operation to complete
- Once the update is complete allow your console to boot and see if the issue is resolved
Reasons for the SU-30625-6 Error code
There are various reasons which have caused the PS4 SU-30625-6 Error on your PS4. We have listed down every possible reason that might have caused this problem in your console.
The SU-30625-6 is an error code that can occur when you are updating your PlayStation system software. Say you are downloading the update file and the download is corrupted because of bad internet or the installation is corrupted because of some internal hardware problems.
What ends up happening is that the PS4 will flash you an error message. The firmware update is one of the major reasons behind this error. Also, the version of the firmware plays an important role. This error can also occur if you try to update the console with an older version of the firmware.
Wrong System Update
Another reason is the wrong system update. When you go into a manual system update and the update file is not recognized, this error can occur.
This can be fixed by just downloading the right update in no time. Making sure that the update takes place smoothly is one way of tackling the SU-30625-6 error.
When you accidentally delete the system files the PS4 console will not be able to find the system file on the hard disk and because of this reason the SU-30625-6 error code can occur. Always be very careful while you are exploring the settings on a PS4. You don’t want to accidentally delete the files.
The most common reason behind this error is a failed update. When you try to update the console and the update fails because of a bad internet connection, you can get this error.
Even an unstable connection can cause this error. So, always make sure to install and download updates with a stable internet connection.
Other reasons for this error are also carelessness and just plain stupidity. If you do anything to the system and you don’t know what you are doing, you may end up deleting some important files in the system. And this will flash your error message.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the SU-30625-6 error code fixable?
Yes, this error code is quite normal and it can be fixed quite easily.
Why is LAN cable better than Wi-Fi for updating the PS4?
LAN or Ethernet Cable is more reliable than a Wi-Fi signal. The ethernet cable also makes full use of your internet speed so, it is generally better than the LAN cable.
Why are update issues so common in the PS4?
It is mainly because users don’t frequently update the system. And when they try to update a very old firmware to the newest one, errors can occur.
The PS4 SU-30625-6 error is not a hardware one. It is a simple update error that can be fixed easily with a few methods.
You can definitely follow the methods that we have provided you in this article here. Just update the console in a proper manner and the error should be fixed.
If the error code still doesn’t go away after all this, then as a last resort fix, just reinstall the system software or reset the PS4 console to its factory settings. We hope we were able to fix this error for you.
Other Common SU error