Discord is a free text and audio messaging service targeted towards the gaming audience. It is a free service and it kind of works like Skype. It also has some functionality for Telegram. The service comes with a sleek user interface that looks very premium.
The Discord app is used widely by gamers these days and it is pretty popular because of its functionality and looks. Discord is also free with no strings attached.
In this article, we are going to be providing you with a tutorial on How to install Discord on ps5 and use it.
Is discord available on PS5?
Yes, ps5 supports discord as it is the most popular app among gamers. Think of discord as Facebook but for gamers. The next generation of consoles will have a working version of it and we are pretty sure that you can use it from Day one.
Is there a dedicated Discord app on the PS5?
Sadly, No. There is no dedicated app on the PS5 for discord. A lot of gamers use Discord on their PC or their phones. But there is a way to connect PS5 Audio with your PC and then enjoy all the features of the Discord App. Today, we are going to be providing you with the configurations for this trick. So, let us get started.
Discord on PS5 How to use it?
You can use the steps given below to connect the Discord app on your PC to your PS4. Just follow the steps given below:
- First, you will need a headset that has support for a USB connection and a mix-amp that will help you convert the signals. It also has to have an optical cable for the connection. You can use any PS5 headset, the Astro headsets are recommended. The headset is needed to switch audio between the PC and the console.
- Now you can connect the optical cable between the mix-amp and your PS5.
- In your PS5, go to the settings screen > sound > Audio Output
- The next thing that you should do is plug the USB into the base station and the other end to the PC.
- Your base station should be in PC mode. When everything checks out, simply start discord on your PC and then change the input device in the voice settings.
- You can now connect a 3.5 mm audio jack and run it from your PC speaker to the output in the mix-amp.
- Open the Discord app and go to your voice settings in Discord to replace the output device with your PC speakers.
- Now, you can enjoy Discord on your PS5.
Yes, using Discord on a PlayStation console can be quite tricky. There is no straightforward app for it so, you need to use the clever trick that we discussed above. It is very much doable though and if you just follow every step wisely, you can definitely enjoy discord on your PlayStation machine.
The thing to remember is that the process we explained above can be a bit difficult to follow. But if you follow them one at a time, it will make sense and you will be able to pull it off without any difficulty.